Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Friday, June 17, 2011

Let Summer Begin!

We are officially done with school! Hmmm...what will I do with all of this time on my hands? Actually I'm working on setting some summer goals for myself, the kids, the house, etc. because 10 weeks will fly by, and we cannot afford to waste the time. At convention I picked up a family-homeschool-planner "the Well Planned Day" which I can't wait to dive into. I like to be organized. My homeschool is pretty organized, my home maybe not so much. But a homeschooling family requires a certain amount of organization or else one feels as if they're drowning in the daily onslaught of life. The planner is designed by the same family who publishes the magazine "Home Educating Family" which I just subscribed to. I brought home 2 issues of the magazine from convention also, and I've been devouring them. If you homeschool, I highly recommend this new magazine.

Jordan & Slava riding in the Gator.
My prayer is that these brothers will become buddies. Jordan still has a low tolerance for Slava and just prefers bossing him around instead of actually playing with him. Slava likes to swat at his bossy brother which sends Jordan tattling and lands Slava in timeout. It's only 9am and Slava has already been in time-out twice. Slava has the upper body strength of a mosquito, so the swats don't pack much punch, but still he must learn that hitting is unacceptable.

Slava - Looking Good!
Slava is healing nicely from eye-muscle surgery. His eyes are looking straight and the red is clearing up. Next month he will see his doctor again and probably have his eye glasses changed.


Sierra, Andrii & Anna all participated in the Karate For Christ promotion test. They should know in a week or 2 if they are promoted.
Sierra in the center.
Andrii in mid kick. Sensei Calvin wouldn't let up on him.
He had Andrii fight until he put his heart into it.
Anna posing for the camera.

Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary to our son Wayne Jr. and his precious bride Kerri. They are spending a long weekend in Cape Cod to celebrate.

If you are a frequent browser of this blog please be sure to sign up as an official follower. I have 22 followers listed, but I'm thinking (and hoping) there are more of you than that. Please let me know who you are and if you enjoy these posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment