Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Happy 9th Birthday Jordan!

I can't believe he's 9!
  Tons of family and friends were on hand to celebrate Jordan's birthday Monday night!
 He got tons of gifts (and clothes - my favorite)!  For our gift to him I will be taking Jordan on a date to get some new clothes and we'll go out to eat wherever he wants.  I also owe him a new pair of sneakers.  Last week I bought him a brand new pair of work boots and a new pair of sneakers.  The store was having a sale:  buy 1 pair get a 2nd pair at half price and I had a $10 off coupon.  I felt like I got a good deal.  When we went to camp last weekend he wore the new sneakers and brought a pair of flip-flops too.  Packing up the night before we left I told Jordan to give me his sneakers since I didn't want to forget them, they were brand new after all.  The next morning when we went to leave, I couldn't find them anywhere.  I unpacked bags, searched in and out the camp...no sneakers.  I assumed they were packed and we'd find them once we got home an really unpacked everything.  Well, we unpacked and still no sneakers.  I have this sinking feeling that when he handed them to me I put them in a plastic grocery bag so I could put them in my duffle bag...only I might have thrown them in the garbage instead!  With so many things on my mind and so many things that need my attention, it doesn't surprise me.  But I'm so frustrated because they were brand new!  Grrrrrr!

Birthday Boy blowing out his candles.  
 Anna made the delicious cupcakes.

Jordan on the job site.
Jordan was thrilled to be able to visit the job site where his uncle's crane was removing the cap stones from this historic chimney which dates back to 1848.  This is in the tiny town of Alcove where I grew up.  The Alcove Preservation Assoc. is having it repaired.  Jordan spent half the day on site with his grandpa "supervising" the job.  He's come a long way from being that little "La La" we brought home from Ukraine 5 1/2 years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment