Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Easter!

As we approach Easter Sunday I always reflect on the new life God has given me which then leads me to thinking about the new life my adopted children have.  Because of Christ we are adopted into God's family, we are given a new name, a new hope and future, a new heritage.  Through the legal adoption of our kids, they too experience a new name, a new family, a new hope and future, and a new heritage. It's especially powerful when our legally adopted kids also accept Christ!  As I look forward to celebrating the empty tomb tomorrow, I rejoice in knowing that I've been saved by the blood of a Son!

Slava's New Bike!
 Slava got a new bike this week.  The 2 hand-me-down bikes he used last summer didn't survive the winter.  We told him it was the reward he earned for enough stars on his behavior chart.  Sshhhhh....we were going to get him a new bike anyway, but thought we'd kill 2 birds with one stone!

Invasion of the Stomach Bug!
 Last Saturday I posted that Sierra was sick.  She so generously shared her germs with us that by Monday morning Anna, Slava, and Wayne had it.  And by Monday afternoon Jordan got it too.  I was down for the count on Thursday.  I'm pleased to report that as of today, we are all healthy and well.  Phew!

Chef Jordan
 Jordan is always wanting to help me in the kitchen.  I was feeling a bit guilty when the other day he asked me if I was in a hurry.  I realize that typically when he asks to help me I brush him off because I am in a hurry and just don't want to deal with the added time and mess it would make.  Instead of asking me if he can help, now he just asks if I'm in a hurry.  So, this week I tried to enlist his help more.  Maybe if I take the time to teach him to cook, he could take over the kitchen for me!

Resurrection Eggs
Slava loved learning about the Easter story with our Resurrection Eggs.  I've had this set for a long time and it's a great way to teach little ones about Easter.  Each of the 12 eggs are numbered and each has a little trinket in it to symbolize the story.  The first egg has a little plastic donkey to symbolize Jesus riding into Jerusalem.  Other objects include a cup (the Last Supper), nails, silver coins, crown of thorns, etc.  The last egg is empty to symbolize the empty tomb - Christ has risen!

By the blood of a Son, I have overcome the grave...
Our church has an annual Talent Night and this year Curtis, Wayne Jr. and Sierra (left-right) performed this song.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.  Happy Easter!  Christ Has Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment