Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Sunday, May 19, 2013

May Musings

It's May and the smell of lilacs is in the air (achoo)!  I love how May bursts forth with green grass and flowers, but I don't enjoy the allergies that come with it.  Thankfully, I only sneeze my head off for this one month.  The kids and hubby blessed me with a nice Mother's Day dinner out at one of our favorite restaurants.  I enjoyed seeing my parents and my in-laws also.  This was a pretty good week too.  I always enjoy my "no appointment" weeks.  Although the girls did manage to drag me to the mall for some new summer clothes and such.  I also had to buy, for the first time ever it seems, new shorts for the little boys.  They are finally growing and had nothing to fit them!  We rounded out the week with our home school co-op on Friday.  Now to enjoy the weekend...and my birthday!

Fruit of the Spirit Tree
 Many of the Character Concepts we've been working on with the little boys are actually fruit of the Spirit.  I got this project idea to do with them.  They had fun gluing the leaves and fruit on as we talked about each one.
Jordan and Bethany at Karate
 I couldn't resist snapping this pic of Jordan fighting Bethany on Thursday night.  Sierra is also the orange belt in the back ground.  I missed filming Slava's first free-fight with a little boy his size.  It was so cute and he was so thrilled to do it.
Pool Time...almost.
 The little kids are always chomping at the bit to open the pool.  The cover came off today, but the water was icy cold and very green.  We may need a new pool liner this year too.  My wonderful husband, who maybe gets in the pool once a year on the hottest day, does most of the work maintaining it.  Actually, I think he'd be happy to back-fill the hole, but I refuse to be home all summer with the kiddos and no pool!  The past few years we've had the liner patched, but this year we probably have to have it replaced.  Wayne is less than thrilled with yet another project and expense, but I think we'll have to do it.
Sierra and her new reading glasses!

This odd child is thrilled to have glasses!  Go figure.  But with all the reading, writing and computer time she logs in, I'd say they are a must.  Sierra makes a party out of everything!  

 My Fisherman Son, Curtis
Curtis has been doing a lot of Striped bass fishing this season.  He's caught quite a few too.  This was just 2 he netted Thursday afternoon.  The were 32" and 34" long.  

Today just happens to be my birthday, and Wayne Jr. called to let me know that we're all going out to dinner tonight.  That was a surprise.  I didn't expect to go out since we went out on Sunday for Mother's Day, but I won't argue!  Tomorrow will be a busy day too.  After church we have a family birthday party to attend, and Justice For Orphans is hosting an event at Gospel Community Church.  We have John Moritz from Hearts of the Father Outreach coming to speak at 7pm.  All in all it's a busy weekend which will lead up to a busy week of appointments.  But I am blessed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment