Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Yes, "Here we go again!" In more ways than one. I've attempted this blog thing before but had a hard time keeping up. I'll try to improve on that this time around. Our first blog was to keep family & friends updated on our Ukrainian adoption. Once we were home though, I didn't keep it up. I promise to do better this time.

And yes, we are adopting again! I'll tell our adoption story in another post for anyone who wasn't on that journey with us. The short version (which is hard for me to do) is that in January 2007 we arrived home from Ukraine with 3 siblings: Andrii, Anna, and Jordan (ages then 9, 7, & 3). Just before I flew home with the kids we learned that there is a 4th sibling, a baby boy, who was not available for adoption at that time. We kept this under our hats (and in our hearts) so as not to freak anyone out. We had 4 kids at home already! Within a year though the cat was out of the bag and this little guy's name became a household word: Slava (which means "praise" in Ukrainian). He is now an official orphan (and almost 5 years old now) and we will be traveling to Ukraine to bring him home in Sept/Oct of this year, finally! This really is the short version, when I post the extended version you'll see.

So for now, please keep us in your prayers and I'll keep you updated on the adoption and our life in general with 7 kids, 1 daughter-in-law, and a son on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment