Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Lord Is Good To Us

It's been an exhausting couple days, but the Lord has been good to us. Tuesday morning Jordan had his 4th adjustment surgery since having growing rods placed in his back for his severe scoliosis a year and a half ago. Our surgeon prepared us that he will have to replace a rod whether it be this surgery or the next one 6 months from now. We've been really praying that Tuesday's surgery would just be an adjustment requiring one overnight in the hospital. One night is difficult enough, but adding Slava to the equation brought us to a whole new level of difficult. We know that the Lord knows exactly what we need and how much we can bare. He is faithful and the surgery was only an adjustment...thank you, Lord!
Jordy Wednesday morning ready to go home!

Jordan in recovery Tuesday morning after surgery.

Wayne & I traveled separately to the hospital Tuesday morning. Once Jordan was in recovery Wayne headed to work. Jordan was in his hospital room around 2pm and Papa returned after work so I could run home to spend some time with Slava and the other kids. Slava was happy to see me and asked where Jordan was. When I told him that Jordan was "spot" at the doctor with a big boolah, Slava said, "Again?" It was cute. What wasn't cute was the fact that it took me an hour to get him to go to sleep, then I took a shower, and headed back up to the hospital by 9:30pm. Missy rode along with me and rode back with Wayne so she could see Jordan for a bit. While I was gone Curtis and Beth visited Jordan and Wayne had the opportunity to sneak out to visit a friend of his who is hospitalized with cancer. Jordan mostly slept the day away so really it was kind of nice to just sit and read and not have to chase anyone. I was so tired that I crashed in the reclining chair in Jordan's room around 11pm only to dream that my alarm was going off and I couldn't manage to stop it. I woke up and realized it was Jordan's I.V thingy beeping. I was awake again at 4am to Jordan telling me he was hungry and ready to go home. Oh well, the joys of "sleeping" in the hospital. We were discharged at 10am and arrived home safely despite the snowstorm blanketing our area...thanks to the good Lord and 4 wheel drive!

We spent a cozy afternoon with our blankies and pillows in the living room. This was partly made possible because Slava was down for the count too with a possible ear infection. By bedtime he had a fever of 101. I felt bad for him, especially when he held is left ear and sadly said, "Slava, boolah, Mama car, doctor." Translated this means: Slava has a boo boo and wants to go in Mama's car to the doctor. Mama does not want to go to the doctor, Mama just got home from the hospital. But it's not about what Mama wants or doesn't want, it's about what Mama must do. I gave him some children's ibuprofin and we'll see what tomorrow brings. We will go to the doctor in Mama's car if necessary. All in all it was good for the bonding process because he wanted me to hold him and cuddle him...and so did Jordan...is this what it's like to have twins???
Thankfully my precious sister-in-law, Bree, delivered to our door a delicious meal for dinner. Oh what perfect timing. She is an excellent cook and my kids always declare her recipes as favorites, and tonight was no different. Andrii is already requesting Aunt Bree's burger pockets for his birthday dinner in April! Thank you so much, Bree. And thank you to all of you who have been praying for us. God is faithful. Through this season of Slava, this wilderness time, the Lord is showing me things and teaching me things. And I am thankful for I know the Lord refines us through the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment