Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Busy, But Blessed - Post #2

I cannot believe it's been over a week since my last post. Life these days is very busy, and yet again I've had to break the update into 2 parts!

Jordan & Slava - Brothers!
Last week Slava had an eye doctor appointment. He is scheduled for eye-muscle surgery for June 9th. Jordan had the same thing done his first summer home too. I'm hoping he won't need glasses afterward. Keeping track of where his glasses are and dropping them off for repair is exhausting.
Slava "post-surgery"!
I can't even look as this picture with a straight face! His favorite game to play is "doctick" and this week he loved being the patient. The bigger kids each took turns being the doctor. We are now out of masking tape.
Slava Sandwhich
Last week we spent one whole afternoon getting hair cuts from Aunt Bree. We all voted for Subway for dinner and Slava loved it. I got him one just like Jordans: a 6 inch with turkey, ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, pickles, and mayo. While he was eating he kept saying, "All Slava's?" He ate the entire thing only leaving some bread behind. The next morning at breakfast he looked at me and requested, "Slava Sandwhich"! His English is coming along so well. He's like a little parrot. I've been telling him, "I love you!" with much enthusiasm a dozen times a day. Now he tells me, "I love loo too!" Sometimes he even initiates this dialog. Though he doesn't really understand exactly what we're talking about, I'm confident that before long he will get the point! The time change has been a real blessing. Prior to setting the clocks ahead Slava had been appearing ready-and-raring-to-go in my room by 6am. I love getting up early but not to run a marathon. I much prefer making a cup of coffee and getting cozy with my Bible study and enjoying some quiet time with the Lord before the children wake up. Thankfully since Sunday morning Slava isn't making his appearance until 7am or later!
Sierra With A Grand!
On Saturday Sierra performed at NYSSMA for the first time. She did well for her first time and will know what to expect for next year. She was very nervous which us unlike her but it was a very formal atmosphere. It was over all an excellent experience for her.

This week was filled with piano lessons, drum lessons, Bible studies, horse back riding, homeschooling, dentist appointment, karate, shopping, and home school coop. Thankfully the weekend will be much quieter with archery, a bridal shower, youth group, church, and a birthday dinner. Notice house cleaning didn't even make the list! I just discovered that what I thought was our cat in the corner of my bedroom was really just a huge dust bunny! Hopefully by the time I post again I will have had time to clean my room. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment