Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Monday, May 23, 2011

A Very Full Week - Full of Blessings!

This is the first I've sat at the computer in 3 days. We've had a very busy week to say the least. Last Monday, after our Bible lesson, we headed off to the mall to spend a rainy day shopping for some much needed summer clothes and bathing suits. Tuesday was a family birthday party and Bible study. Wednesday was my birthday and my eldest son pulled the troops together. They blessed me by delivering pizza for dinner and going in on a gift certificate to have family portraits taken. I had a dentist appointment on Thursday which ruled out a dental issue and ruled in the allergy/sinus infection as the cause of my discomfort. Thursday through Friday was a whirlwind of activity as we had our last home school co-op meeting Friday morning and the closing program/art contest Friday evening. Actually, Friday morning at 6am Slava strolled into my room with a 102 degree fever. I gave him some liquid medicine and some water and cuddled him in my bed where he proceeded to throw up the medicine and water all over my sheets! Poor little guy. The medicine did not sit well on his empty stomach. He declared, "Slava all the time sick. No good." Thankfully my precious neighbor, Bethany, was able to come and stay with him while we all went to co-op. This was an answer to prayer since I didn't know what I was going to do with a sick Slava and a day full of things I had to do. Our last day of classes flew by with the added activity of a local fire company bringing a fire truck by for a short fire safety lesson.
That's Sierra all suited up as a fireman shooting off the hose. Andrii is far left with the plaid shirt and Jordan is in the middle with the striped shirt.
Here are some of our kids with the firemen on the right. "Thank You" Coxsackie Hose Company #3!

We were back at the church at 5pm to set up for our closing program and art show. Sierra and Andrii both submitted photos for the contest; He won 3rd place and she got honorable mention. In another post I'll try to put up their photos. The top 5 winning pieces will be sent to Rochester to be displayed at our annual home school convention and they will be judged by the art department from Roberts Wesleyan College.

Sierra and Andrii had also planned a bonfire for a bunch of their friends from youth group. About 50 kids showed up at our house on Saturday night! All went well though because the kids were kept busy playing football, basketball, man hunt, jumping on the trampoline, toasting marshmellows etc.
Victoria kept Slava busy...or should I say Slava kept Victoria busy the whole time!
Quite a few of the kids played touch football, including that big kid in the middle with the black t-shirt on. My husband couldn't resist getting into the game.

The Lord has been good to me all week bringing me through all the craziness. I've been especially blessed by Slava's growth. It has been 6 months since we first brought this busy little guy home, and he's made such progress. Just the other day I heard him "singing" in my room while rocking to some worship music. His favorite song lately is Kim Walker's version of "How He Loves Us". I peeked in on him and not only was he rocking and singing, but he also had his hand raised in the air. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Slava church." Then he stopped, folded his hands, closed his eyes, and prayed for a moment, and then continued rocking with his hand raised. Also the only book he wants me to read to him at night is his story Bible. And he really only wants the stories with Jesus in them. He's especially interested in Jesus ascending up into heaven...he keeps asking "adika Jesus?" "Where's Jesus?" I keep telling him Jesus is in heaven but he's coming back. So now when we're worshiping in church he asks me if Jesus is coming...of course I tell him YES! I believe I'm seeing the fruit of all the praying I've done over Slava as he's going to sleep at night. And of course all the praying others have been doing as well these past months. God is faithful. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. Unto Him be the glory...Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment