Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Monday, July 25, 2011

Crazy Days of Summer

Well, the days have been hazy and crazy but they are no where near lazy around here. It has been a while since my last post only because things have been so busy that I don't get anywhere near my computer these days. There are only 6 weeks left to summer vacation and I've barely accomplished anything on my summer goal list. So what have we been up too?


Wayne decided that it was time to put Andrii on a bigger dirt bike (husbands are just big kids on the inside). On their first ride to the shale-pit he slid and cut his arm open. I nominated Wayne to make the trip to Emurgent-care since I'd already spent 3 days in the hospital with Jordan. He willingly complied and 3 hours later they returned with 12 stitches in Andrii's arm....just in time for his week of paintball camp at Camp Pinnacle!
Andrii & his new dirt bike.
(No, that is not Skeletor in the background, it's Slava!)

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY, MISSY!!!
Missy turned 21 on the 15th, so we had a family party for her. She has enrolled at the Orlo School of Hair Design and begins classes August 1st.

Jordan & Slava
The kids all pitched in and gave me a gift card to Picture People for my birthday. We had family portraits taken last week. I think they came out great. Slava did really well. He's actually a little ham!
Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like sharp arrows in a warrior's hands. How happy is the man whose quiver is full of them! Psalm 127:3-5 NLT

We've also been doing the Matthew Project again this summer. Our kids love volunteering weekly at Grace Covenant Church making sandwiches, packing lunches, and delivering them to kids in our community. I was very blessed to go to hear Joyce Meyer in Albany on Thursday night with my daughter-in-law, her mom, and my pastor's wife, Mary. We had a wonderful evening out and the message was excellent.
Jordan is healing up nicely from surgery, but we did have a bit of a scare Friday night. Upon changing the bandages we noticed a lump to the right of his incision. We hadn't noticed it before, and although it didn't hurt him we were concerned. I took his temperature and it was 100.2 so off to the ER we went (praying all the way). Infection is a serious concern since he's had so many surgeries in the same spot and so many more ahead of him. Scar tissue is more susceptible to infection. I have Shanti's cell phone # (Dr. Carl's assistant) she called Dr. Carl immediately and one of his residents found us in the ER. The lump turned out to be "hardware" basically the bottom of the new, longer rod. The low-grade fever was most likely due to a slight sunburn. They sent us home with antibiotics "just in case" and we'll be seeing Dr. Carl this week to follow up. Phew! Thank you, LORD!

This week Anna is enjoying Horse Camp at a local horse farm where she takes bi-weekly lessons. She goes each day from 9am to 2pm and she's loving it. It's also a big prep week for Sierra since she leaves for Cambodia in 1 week! There has been so much going on and I'm sure I've missed a few things, but that's all I can think of for now. I will update again soon. For now, here's another Psalm. I've been reading through them this summer and loving it...again!

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment