Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September Here and Gone! Part 2

It amazes me that our "baby boy" turned 22 this month! We had a small family party with all of us, both sets of grandparents, Wayne's in-laws, and a few others. Ok, small means like 30 people! We had a yummy dinner and Kerri made this delicious homemade chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting - to die for.
Wayne Jr., Sierra, & Slava
My precious niece, Jessica, is getting married in November. We enjoyed a beautiful bridal shower last Sunday given by her bridal party.
Sierra, Jessica, & cousin Alexis

Tis the season for baking apple pie. We went apple picking (as seen above) and Sierra baked her very first apple pie all by herself. Her mother was out running...yes, I said running. And when I returned the pie was in the oven. I only had a spoonful to taste it and it was delish!

Slava has made great progress lately. Here he's playing Candy Land with Curtis. He's really good at it too. He knows his colors and understands the concept of the game.
Thank you for following my blog. I should be back up to posting weekly now that we're in a routine for school. Actually October is shaping up to be a very busy month to, but I promise to keep you all posted on the Lord's faithfulness and goodness to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment