Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Friday, September 2, 2011

A Very Busy Summer Comes To A Close

I guess it's either feast or famine with my blogging! As most of you may know, Sierra made it home safe and sound from Cambodia. She had an awesome time and is already talking about going again next year! We spent the rest of August celebrating Jordan's 8th birthday, going to camp, and getting ready for school. Our school room was a catch-all over the summer and I had to wade through a mountain of stuff just to find the school books. Organizing, typing lesson plans, setting up curriculum, etc have been the order of most of my days. We will officially begin school on Sept 7th, but of course when you homeschool everyday is a learning opportunity.


Here Slava & Jordan look on as their big brother, Wayne Jr., pours a concrete sidewalk. Oh how they loved watching the cement truck send the wet cement down the chute and into the forms.
My Ukrainian kids LOVE sunflower seeds. Anna planted her own seeds and grew these 2 huge sunflowers all by herself. Presently she's attempting to dry them so she can harvest the seeds to eat.
This is the gang at Enchanted Forest-Water Safari in Old Forge, NY. I took our younger kids and my good friend Lauri came up with her younger kids for our annual trip to the water park. From l to r: Luci, Anna, Slava, Mary, Andrii (sitting) Sierra, Ezra, and Jordan. I think you can figure out which one is Paul Bunyan!
HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY, JORDAN!!! We had a small party of about 40 people to celebrate. I say "small" because it was just family and some special friends! Jordan was very blessed. I can't wait to celebrate Slava's birthday in October. He will turn 6, but it will be his very first birthday party ever! He can already sing "Happy Birthday To You"!

It amazes me that Jordan is now 8 years old. He's still quite small for his age. In fact, he had an appointment with the Pediatric Endocrinologist at Albany Med in mid August. I was really praying about this because the concern is that he has Growth Hormone Deficiency which requires Growth Hormone Therapy (daily injections). I'm praying for the LORD's mercy and compassion on him. He has enough going on, I don't want to add that on top of it. The appointment went very well and stress free. Basically the Dr. got a base line of height, weight, blood work, and the hand x-ray. She wants to see him again in February to see if he's grown. Ideally he should grow 1 inch in that time...I'm praying he grows at least that...maybe even 2!

Well, that's it for our August. We fared very well with Hurricane Irene. We didn't even lose power, but we did gain my parents for a few days while their's was out. We ate lots of food and played lots of Yahtzee. The Lord has been very good to us! Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. My mom homeschooled my brother and I all the way from grade school thru 12th grade! We Both loved it! We were taugh how to learn not just from a text book but also the world around us.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete