Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Justice For the Oppressed

Wow! It's only been a week since my last post, but I'd like to share what's been going on. In my
last post I shared some of what God has been putting on my heart. I had sent a message to a missionary friend, Vicki, who has been part of YWAM Kiev since the early 90's. She and her husband were part of the original team that established the base in Kiev. Vicki is the one who told me that Ukraine has the highest number of girls in all of Eastern Europe. I asked her the questions I'd posted here, basically who is doing something!?!
As it turns out, Vicki and her husband started Justice For Youth (please check it out at justiceforyouth.org). It's basically a platform to bring about info, awareness, and hopefully solutions. Today we skyped for an hour discussing trafficking in Ukraine and Moldova. I'm really seeking God on what the next step for me is supposed to be. I do know one thing...I can't not do something. Something Kay Warren said in her book struck me. She was referring to the global issues of HIV/Aids, poverty, orphans, trafficking, etc. "Hope for sustainable, lasting societal change is found primarily in the Church of Jesus Christ.". She also said that God put all his eggs in one basket...and we, the Church, are the basket. There is no other basket. Jesus said to go into all the world and preach the Good News to all creation. Jesus wasn't speaking to a select few, He was speaking to us. We can't always just throw a few dollars into the offering plate and call it a day. Sometimes you just have to put yourself into the offering plate. I am stepping into the offering plate.

LORD, You know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will listen to their cries and comfort them. You will bring justice to the orphans and the oppressed, so people can no longer terrify them.
Psalm 10:17-18

Dangerously surrendered,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment