Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Calendar Says It's Spring

Well, the calendar says it's spring even if the upstate NY weather hasn't sprung!  It's still cold, but our days are busy and full.  Recently I enjoyed a little escape with Sierra as we headed to the western part of NY to visit Houghton College.  She loved it - even if it is 4 1/2 hours away.  She's already been accepted there for the fall, but we're looking at a couple more.  I guess that means more road trips are pending!
Houghton Or Bust!

The little boys are getting cabin fever.  They keep escaping to Daddy's garage and dragging various items of interest into the house.  The other day Jordan actually used plexiglass and wood dowels and built this little table.  Slava decided to enjoy his snack on it.

Great Grandmothers with Iona!
 I love this pic of my mom (on left) and my mother-in-law (on right) holding their great-granddaughter!  This is a precious picture to me.  My mom has been ill and my mother-in-law had a hip replacement the same day the baby was born!

Legislative Day in Albany, NY
 Crystal Langdon, of Crystal Clear Finances invited me to share her table at Leg Day 2014 so I could represent Justice For Orphans there.  Crystal is responsible for me being on the radio for the very first time a few years ago.  That led to our radio show on The New Light WDCD in Albany, and then the Lord opened the door further for us to be on The Sound of Life also.  Two exciting radio developments:  (1) all of our past Orphans No More shows are now on our website  http://justicefororphansny.org just click on "Events" and then "Radio Show"!  (2) WDCD just added another time slot for or show!  We are now on 1:30pm Fridays, 10:30am Sundays, and 1:30pm Wednesdays!
Miss Iona & Aunt Sierra
 This little blessing is getting bigger! She's almost 2 months old already!  She's looking around and checking everyone out - and there are a lot of us to check out!
Uncle Curtis!
 Iona would like to announce that her Uncle Curtis made the Dean's list at RPI this quarter!  

Grammy & Iona
 Wednesday nights are my "date nights" with my grand baby!  I love this special time to visit with Wayne Jr., Kerri, and the baby.
Grammy Love!

Can you tell I'm loving being a grandma?  


No comments:

Post a Comment