Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Monday, April 11, 2011

Two Birthdays, A Shower, and the Flu!

I've been intending to update this blog all week, but the time to sit down to do it always seems to elude me. On April 2nd we had a family birthday party for Curtis who turned 19 on the 2nd and for Andrii who turned 14 on the 10th. The whole week was busy with school and a lot of running around. The running really stretches me. Wednesday I had to finally make a trip to BJ's where I stock up on household necessities for the month. $754 later, I guess we're stocked up! But I also had to make a trip to Price Chopper on Friday to finish the stock up process with stuff I don't really need in bulk and stuff that BJ's doesn't carry, that added another $200. Food prices are skyrocketing! Before I make these trips I make a list of 3 weeks worth of dinner meals so I can purchase everything needed. So for the most part I'll just need to pick up milk, produce, and the occasional needed item. In the end it does save me time and money, and I've been adding in meatless meals each week too.
This week I also made a trip to the DMV to obtain a non-driver ID for Andrii. He and Sierra will be competing in a semi-knockdown karate tournament in Canada at the end of the month. She has a passport, but he needed the ID since he doesn't yet have a US passport.

Me, Tara, & Sierra

On Saturday Sierra and I attended a bridal shower for our friend Tara. Tara grew up around the corner from us and was our babysitter from the time Sierra was born until Tara went away to college when CC was around 5. It was a very relaxing day on Plum Point overlooking the Hudson River in Newburg, NY.

I'm glad Saturday started off relaxing because by the end of it I came down with what I thought was a cold. By Sunday morning I had to face the fact that I had the flu! I'm so thankful that it was Sunday because Wayne took all the kids to church and I slept. After church he took all the kids to Care Group, and I slept more. Today I'm feeling mildly better, thankfully.

Happy Birthday Curtis & Andrii!

I've got quite a bit to post on Slava's progress, but I'll save that for the next one. At some point I'd like to post more than once each week. For now though I've got to get back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment