Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter & Happy Anniversary

As I write this Easter is over. Our day was filled with church and family and food. I always take the opportunity to really focus on the Cross. We usually watch the Passion of the Christ, but this year the days flew by and we never took the time. I did find myself searching You Tube and found an awesome video that sums the meaning of the Cross up very well. Check it out:


Here Jordan, Anna, and Andrii with Slava on his lap all plant some seeds. They were doing it just for fun, but I can count it as science class!


This "Easter basket" is filled with Ukrainian goodies. On Friday I went to a local Ukrainian market to pick up some of the kids' favorites. They love "cemeshky" which is sunflower seeds while my favorite is the chocolate.
Here's Jordan pictured with "kulich" a traditional Ukrainian Easter bread. It's a sweet-yeast dough baked in a coffee can. The babushkas would bring it to church so the priest could bless it. We didn't bring ours to church. We just sliced it, toasted it, smeared it with butter, and enjoyed it for our Easter breakfast. Apparently I'm more Ukrainian than Andrii because he wouldn't touch it.
Sierra, Jordan, & Slava on Easter morning.

Wayne & I at Wayne Jr.'s wedding last summer.

Today is our 24th wedding anniversary. We hope to go out to dinner one night this week, just the 2 of us. Tonight Wayne's at Bible study (our favorite restaurant isn't open on Monday anyway). It amazes me that 24 years have gone by. They've been wonderful years filled with love, kids, more love, and more kids! The Lord has been so good to us. All I can say is that when you build your marriage on the Solid Rock foundation of Jesus Christ it lasts. It also doesn't hurt when you're married to your best friend and the love of your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment