Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cambodia - Week 2


Oh how I am missing my girls! This last week in Cambodia is going by fast for them. They are busy doing VBS out in Saang province and helping the girls in the Sak Saum ministry. Sak Saum means "dignity" in the Khmer language and the ministry rescues girls at risk for human trafficking (or who have been formerly victims of this horrendous act). Ginny ministers to these girls, builds relationships with them, and teaches them a trade (sewing absolutely gorgeous hand bags). Not to boast, but I only use Sak Saum bags.

Here my beautiful daughter-in-law Kerri holds up a bag.


The team with the Sak Saum family.
In the bottom row on the left first is Emily (from our church now full time with IHSI) with Sierra next to her.

Here the team is in the mix helping with some sewing. Sierra is standing far right. Ginny is standing far left.
Sierra sent me another email which I will post below. It made me laugh out loud! They are all doing well and I can't wait to see them late Monday night.
Sierra:
Flach Industries Blue??? Hmmmmmm. We'll have to see. I'm really confused with the time change but I think it's thurs. morning there so you should get this before you leave. Is the flooring done..and if so how does it look? I find myself missing the Cole Sla and all the Kids....So tell them I Love them with the heat of a million burning suns. I haven't seen any pictures yet because facebook is slow so I hope they make me look good. English class is super hilarious because the guy I teach with, Sokra, doesn't talk very much and were like complete opposites....so it's hilarious. And I think i'm a little taller than him. He remembers Curtis and Sokra and Sopheak wear there 'Flach Industries' hats almost everyday. When we were playing Dutch Blitz with some of the kids one girl told me I looked like Curtis...so. I have Like twenty nicknames...I have all my stuff in a pile in this little closet like place and Kerri and Shannon (whom I room with) call it my "Rat Hole", when I play Volleyball I tend to his the ceiling of the pavilion or hit it out into the Sugarcane fields so Jocelyn calls me 'Destructo", and no one can say 'Sierra' because in Khmer it phonetically doesn't exist so I began to announce myself as CC which, in Khmer, is a not nice way of saying 'Eat' so all the little kids love saying, "Hi, CC" then run away laughing. They love the Banana suit as well so...have fun at camp tell everyone I said hi....love you guys

To translate a bit "flach industries blue" is what the color we painted her walls looks like. "Cole Sla" is a nickname we have for Slava. Curtis and Wayne Jr. brought over some Flach Industries baseball caps a couple years ago...and it sounds like Curtis is well known over there? Sierra does look like him. "Rat Hole" & "Destructo" are totally accurate adjectives to describe her. We got her a banana suit to wear for the VBS as they are teaching the fruit of the Spirit.

The LORD is so faithful. I can't wait to hear all the stories and testimonies when they return!

Wayne Jr. is finishing up her room today. I can't wait to move all her furniture out of my school room and back into her room. Then it will be time to begin deep cleaning and organizing our school room. School starts in a few weeks after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment