Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Monday, August 8, 2011

GCCC Cambodia Team 2011

Liz, Katie, Sierra, Kerri, Shannon, Abby, Jocelyn, Victoria, and Sue.

We've survived the first week with Sierra away in Cambodia. Though we haven't heard from her much because they're very busy and don't get much opportunity to visit the internet cafe. She has left some little notes on facebook, and Eric has put up some pics so I decided to share this one with you. Today I got this email from her:

Hey, sorry I haven't emailed....I've had really bad luck with the internet cafe computers shutting down on me. So it's 8:10 PM here and we just got back from an amusement park with the kids and staff from the foundation center. Were going out to Saang tomorrow for a staff meeting and hanging with the Sak Saum girls i believe then.....my favorite thing in the world...English Class. It's simply the best. The food is actually really good. The Pork and Rice in the market I could eat every day....the Pork and Rice in the Province, however, is not quite so good. Wed. Thur. and Fri. were doing VBS and English Class every day then Saturday we go to the market and the Love Feast. Sund. we leave. I don't want to tell you any stories just yet but I will say I have not thrown up or had Diahrrea once. What's the progress on my room and what's been going on???? Anyway See you soon,
Love,
Sierra

I know she'd love teaching English. It's her favorite subject: reading, writing, etc. I can't wait to hear all the stories too. She's alot like her mom, very detail oriented! The first Sunday back (Aug 21st) the whole team will share about their experience during church at GCCC. If anyone is interested church starts at 10:30am!

We've been keeping busy while she's gone. Anna and I have split up Sierra's chores, and Wayne Jr. came today to begin painting her room and putting in the new floor. I'll post again in the next few days with more pics and goings on from around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment