Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Monday, July 16, 2012

More Summer Happenings

HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY, MISSY!
 We celebrated Missy's birthday on Saturday with a family party.  I can't believe the little girl who first came into our family at age 8 is now 22!  She has a job, a car, and her own apartment.  How time flies!

A sunbathing Slava!
 Since we first opened the pool this season this has been Slava's out-of-water posture.  He gets cold fast so then he lays on his belly on the warm concrete to warm up.  His back is so tan because of it.  He has become a fish too.  He jumps off the diving board, swims under water, and does flips all without a life jacket!
Hot Summer Fun
The days have been hot, in the 90s.  I got some water balloons for the kids to play with.  Jordan & Slava were stealing the balloons as fast as Anna was filling them!  Notice Jordan got his cast off.  His next surgery is scheduled for Monday the 23rd.

Notice the 2 items on the right of the blog:  A Child's Hope Int'l is a non-profit corporation whose mission is to motivate and mobilize the Church to care for the orphans of the world.  The founder, Larry Bergeron, wrote a book titled "Journey To The Fatherless", one of the best books on adoption I've read so far.  Every pastor, leader, and church member, every Christian must read this book.  I'll be dedicating a post very soon on this subject.  The other icon is for Orphan Sunday.  Christian Alliance For Orphans, who sponsored the Summit I went to back in May, promotes Orphan Sunday.  At the conference I learned that hardly any churches in NY do Orphan Sunday!  I was surprised.  Our church does it, so I thought all churches did it (naive I know).  Well, now I'm the OS Regional Coordinator for all of NYS!  More about this in my next post also, so please stay tuned... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment