Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Saturday, July 28, 2012

More Summer Happenings

FISHES!
 Jordan and Slava love swimming.  This summer Slava has learned how to swim under water, without a life jacket or floaties!  He even jumps off the diving board!

Jordan & His I.V. Pole
 Jordy loves to cruise the halls at the hospital.  I steer his IV pole and try to keep up with him!  Albany Med is doing a major construction project, so looking out the windows is very entertaining for little boys who love cranes, construction equipment, and workers in hard hats!

My Drummer
 I was in the right place at the right time to catch Curtis playing his drums.  He's played for about 10 years now and is on the worship team at church.

Jordan on his "new" old bike.
 He found this old bike in the back shed.  It used to be Curt's when he was like 10.  Daddy fixed it up and now Jordan thinks he's going to do all those tricks the bmx guys do!  We'll have to ask Dr. Carl about that!
Orphan Ministry Stuff
Here are 500 Orphan Sunday post cards and 500 bulletin inserts that I'll be distributing to area churches who commit to doing Orphan Sunday.  I didn't realize how expensive this stuff can be and now I'm aware of the fact that a ministry needs money.  Hmmmm hadn't thought about raising support before.  Mary and I are meeting with 2 ladies from Bethany Christian Services for lunch next week.  We've met with them before and had such a wonderful time that they suggested meeting for lunch.  I've also been asked to do a 1 hour radio segment on a local Christian station....this is an exciting opportunity, but I'm also very nervous about it.  For more details about our ministry please scroll down to the post entitled "Orphan Ministry".

No comments:

Post a Comment