Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Adoption Paperwork Status

I had so much fun posting our family stuff that I almost forgot to give a Slava update. All of our dossier is in Ukraine being translated, but I just got the word that I must redo a document entitled "Letter of Obligation." Apparently I used an old form or something. And the SDA (State Dept. for Adoption) is requesting another "Petition to Adopt Sibling" letter which we've already sent recently but they want it again. In this document we specifically request to adopt Slava. Again! Hopefully this is all that I'll need to redo. Once it's all translated our facilitators will submit it to the SDA in September. Then we just wait for approval and a date for an appointment at the SDA in Kiev. Our facilitator said we won't have to "wait in the regular line" for an appointment since we are adopting a known sibling. I pray he is right. If all goes well we should be traveling in October! And I just learned that Slava's birthday is October 16th...he will turn 5 years old! And for his birthday he will get a family!

Please pray that our dossier will be accepted in September and that we will bring Slava home for his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment