Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Slava Update

The 2 documents I sent to Ukraine last week arrived on Monday. I'm still waiting to hear if everything looks in order. Yesterday I found out on FRUA (a chat room for Families for Russian and Ukrainian Adoption) that there is possibly more paperwork for me to do. It seems some families have had to include a "projected income for 2010" letter. For both adoptions we had to include a letter from Wayne's employer, a letter from us stating that I'm a stay at home mom and that it's ok for me to be one, and a copy of our most recent tax return. I've never heard of a projected income letter, so I've emailed our facilitator to inquire about this. So it is possible that I may have yet another document to do up and send out. It's not so bad since I know that the whole dossier won't be submitted until September, but then again September is just around the corner!

It's finally starting to seem real. I've actually begun preparing for Slava's arrival. Jordan's passport arrived yesterday. We are taking him with us to Ukraine. And today while I was out shopping with Andrii & Anna we bought some fleece to make Slava his very own blanket. Fleece blankets are a big thing with us and each family member has one. Mine comes with me to camp and even went to Ukraine with me in 2006. Rest assured, I'll be packing it again! We also bought Slava some pj's, socks, underwear, a couple shirts, 2 pairs of pants, and shoes. I also bought 2 matching fleece jackets, one orange and one blue. I let Jordan pick the one he wanted; He picked orange, so Slava gets blue. Of course I had to guess on all the sizes. In the pictures Slava looks about Jordan's size. Jordan will be turning 7 at the end of this month, but he's just a peanut weighing in at 35 pounds! Typically when you adopt from Ukraine you have to bring a set of clothes for your child to change into when you pick him up from the orphanage. Orphanage clothes stay at the orphanage, it's like community property.

So we continue to wait for Slava. Please keep praying for him and for us. Pray that all the documents will be found in order and that we will have favor with the Ukrainian government. My heart's desire is to be with him on his birthday, Oct. 16th, but I know and pray for God's perfect will to be done. Thank you all, in advance, for your prayers to bring Slava home.

No comments:

Post a Comment