Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More Summer Fun



Last night I discovered Wayne Sr., Curtis, Bethany, Sierra, Andrii & Anna enjoying a game of baseball in the yard. Missy and I joined them (I mostly took pictures). Sorry these are a bit blurry, but I was using Sierra's camera. Jordan announced he was the catcher, but mostly our Border Collie, Kashi, retrieved the balls.

Sierra, Wayne, Anna & Beth

Beth, Sierra, Anna, Wayne, & Curt

Some of us are headed to camp again for a few days, so I won't be posting again until Sunday. There has been no Slava news. I'm trying to be patient, but I've sent 3 emails to our facilitator in the past week all with no responses. I keep telling myself that "no news is good news" and that they're busy translating our 40 documents. However at this point I'd be happy with an email telling me to stop bugging them! My emails were not the bugging kind. They were legitimate questions, but still no response is frustrating. Today I shipped a package to Ukraine with some toys and clothes for Slava and his friends at the orphanage. This is the 3rd shipment since Christmas. This box included a poster-board card that I made with pictures of each member of our family. I'm hoping the orphanage staff will use it to begin "introducing" Slava to his family. I send the box to our Facilitator and they deliver it to the orphanage and spend a little time with Slava for us. They take pictures of him with the gifts. That's how we got so many cute pics of him. I am very thankful for that.

PRAYER REQUESTS: pray that we hear some good news soon, that our dossier is in order and will be accepted by Ukraine immediately, that we will get an appointment very soon to travel, and that we have favor with all government officials. Also pray for Slava, it will be a big adjustment for him. Thank you all so much, and God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment