Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Thursday, August 26, 2010

What We're Up To


It's been a busy week around here. Today I sent off the revised document for our dossier. September is right around the corner and I'm finally allowing myself to get excited about the adoption. Sometime in September we should know when we need to be in Ukraine. I can't wait to post that news! Tomorrow is Jordan's birthday, he turns 7. We're having a party on Saturday, so I'll post pics on that later. And we started school this week...sort of. We haven't begun full throttle yet, but everybody's been introduced to their books and are working in some of them. Next week we'll be in full swing. Usually we don't start until after Labor Day, but since we're anticipating traveling to Ukraine in early October we are starting early. I want everyone in a good routine before I up and leave for 3 weeks or so. Our son and daughter-in-law will be moving in for the time we're away and they can be the school overseers. Jordan will travel with us. One of the things I love about home schooling is its flexibility. We can mold it into what works for our family. And it works, we've successfully graduated 3...now only 4 more to go...well 5 including Slava!

Jordan prefers hands on activities to text books.

Anna's in 4th grade and likes to do school in her pjs. So do I.

Andrii is in 7th grade. Here he's reading in bed (Jordan's bed???). Kashi doesn't do school, she's just there for moral support.

Sierra is in 9th grade and does school at a desk in her room. She's a heavenly child to home school. She just does her work and delivers it to me all finished, plus she likes to read and write novels for fun. She does not wear glasses, she's just weird (I mean that with love).


No comments:

Post a Comment