Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Sierra





My precious first-born daughter certainly keeps things lively around here. She is bursting with energy and creativity. I try to harness some of that energy and unleash it upon household chores; she is a huge help to me around here. If your clothes are washed, dried, folded, and on your bed - thank Sierra. If the floor is clean - thank her. If the kitchen is clean - thank her. And the list goes on. She even makes my bed (I do not ask her to do this, she just gets to it before I do!). She is well compensated for it monetarily along with the perks of weekly piano lessons and Karate for Christ lessons. She's also a writer. I had to sign her up for online writing classes for school because she writes so much. She writes 35 page long (typed, not double spaced) stories, hands them to me and wants me to read them, like right now! My prayer is that God will take all that energy and creativity that He gave her and use it for His glory! This morning as I was headed to the porch for my coffee/quiet time at 7am, I was greeted by Sierra arriving home from a 5:30am Karate class. The neighbor who normally brings her had slept in, so she called her grandfather who was also awake at that hour and he happily took her and Andrii. They knew better than to wake up Mommy at 5:30am!!! I'll make up for it later today with piano lessons and writing class at the library. Yesterday she had a pool party with 7 girl friends from church. As you can see they had a blast! I am an abundantly blessed Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment