Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Thursday, October 14, 2010

8 Days Until We Leave!!!!

I'm swimming in an ocean of activity, but I'm getting somewhere! This is Slava's very own fleece blanket; I just finished making it. Every family member has one. My blankie travels with me everywhere. It's been to Ukraine once and it's coming with me again! A couple years back I made another one for Slava and sent it with a missions team going to Kiev. It did finally make it to his orphanage, but there are no guarantees he ever actually got it. Plus it becomes community property at the orphanage, so he wouldn't be able to take it home if he does have it.
Other than making the blanket, I've been trying to get all the bills paid so things don't end up late while I'm away. The bank is also trying to gather old style $100 bills because, according to our facilitator, the exchangers in UA don't like the new style bills. They're not used to seeing them. The old bills are not that easy to come by, especially the amount of them we need to bring :) I'm not going to sweat it though. Kiev is the capital city, I'm sure they've seen the new US currency by now! I've been getting the kids' school all in order, and next week my daughter-in-law will come over so we can go over what she needs to know. Welcome to homeschooling, Kerri! I'm very thankful she'll be working with the kids while we're away. Tomorrow is Jordan's appt with Dr. Carl. And we leave in 8 days!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment