Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Sunday, October 24, 2010

WE'RE IN KIEV!!!

I'm amazed at the fact that I'm typing this from my apartment in Kiev. We were picked up at the airport by Irina & her husband Slava. What a joy to see them. Ira is the gal who worked with us last time. She really went to bat for us with that mayor guy. And her husband slava is a great guy who was our driver the whole time back then too. Ira and I went grocery shopping on the way to our apartment. We have a nice apartment near Independence Square. We all fell asleep around 7pm only towake up at 11pm and remember jet lag. Jordan woke up at 1am wanting to eat so he and I had cereal. He woke up at 8am and had cereal again. Then we all fell back to sleep until noon. I won't let anyone sleep now til tonight. Ira will meet us Monday morning at 8:15am so we can walk to our apartment at the SDA. Traffic here seems worse than it was last time, so walking will be easier. Please keep the appointment in prayer. It's at 9am Kiev time. If it goes smoothly we might even be able to go see Slava right afterward. Jordan keeps saying he misses the kids at home. He was an excellent traveler and made friends every where we went. Including the security check point at the Frankfort airport. Rest asssured his stuffed dog (art art) does not contain any explosives!

We are now about to head out to walk around Ind. Sq. and get Jordy some good old fashioned McDonalds. I'll try to upload pics next time. I couldn't figure out the interent in the apt on Saturday, but now today it seems to work. This is my 2nd attempt to blog because in the middle of it my computer did this wierd update thing and I lost everything....ah the joys of Ukraine!

We miss and love you all. Keep us in prayer!
Love,
Sandra, Wayne & Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment