Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Monday, December 6, 2010

God Is So Good To Me


Sunday morning while the rest of the family went to church Anna, Slava & I stayed home. We were visited by our dear friends EJ, Sue, & Carrie who came to bless us before they headed to church themselves. Susan brought her guitar and played some songs for Slava who was enthralled by them. She also brought her wooden nativity set and she and EJ did "Sunday School" with Slava by acting out the Christmas story with the pieces. They also blessed me by bringing Communion so we could share it together. I haven't been to church since mid October, so their whole visit tremendously blessed me. One of the best parts was that Carrie got to meet Slava in person finally. She has been a faithful prayer warrior for him, us, and the whole adoption process for many years now. Often she is up in the night praying for him which worked out great while we were in Ukraine. With the time difference when she was up in the night praying here, we were up in the day walking through the process there! We see Carrie as part of our adoption team and we're very blessed by her friendship and faithfulness. Thank you, Carrie!




Upon their leaving my Mom arrived to help me with Slava and birthday party preparations for Sierra's 14th birthday celebration. It was wonderful seeing family that we haven't seen in many weeks. My mother-in-law also blessed us with a meal to put in the fridge for today which was wonderful because I had to take Slava back to the dentist and I didn't get home until 5pm. He was still complaining about that tooth, so the dentist wanted to finish it today rather than wait. She had to give him a novocain block which made the entire left side of his face numb. But he still screamed so she then had to put him in a papoose in order to actually work on him. I felt so bad for the poor little thing. He slept all the way home in the car which was good because I needed to run into the store for a few things. Thankfully Anna was with me and could stay with the sleeping Slava in the car. When we got home I realized his mouth was full of blood because he'd bit his numb lip. He looked pretty pitiful. I'm so happy his tooth is fixed and now we won't need to go back to the dentist unil February.




Wayne brought our Christmas tree home from work. Typically we make a big family production out of it and all go together out to eat and then either cut it down or buy one already cut. This year, however, we're trying to keep things simple. Andrii helped Wayne set it up and put the star and lights on. Slava was in the mix wanting the "lampas" lights. I had the kids wait until I put him to bed so we could finish putting the decorations on. So now the tree is up and decorated, our nativity is set up, and some other decorations are up too. Maybe, just maybe I'm feeling like I'm in the same month as everybody else. Slava slept until 6:30am so I felt pretty well rested today. And here it is almost 11pm! I'd better get to bed! Good night for now. And please continue praying. Slava is still a busy bundle of energy. Sometimes he listens, but most of the time he doesn't. Training him consumes all of my time and energy. But God is good and Slava is making tiny baby steps of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment