Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An Exhausting Day

Today Mr. Slava was up at 5am and would not go back to sleep. It's a good thing I collapsed into bed at 9pm last night so at least I felt I'd had a good sleep. The day started off pretty well and Jordan and I headed out just after 9am for his dr. appt. He is scheduled for his next surgery mid-January. While I was out I hit up Walmart & the grocery store for much needed supplies. I was so exhausted I felt like I was dragging myself (and Jordy) thru the stores. Melissa had the day off from work so she and the other kids were on Slava duty. My mom came around 1pm to put him in for a nap. She has a good connection with him and got him to sleep for the 2nd day in a row. I got home while he was sleeping and left the groceries to the kids and dropped onto the couch for a 30 minute rest. Grandma had brought him a toy phone that plays music and this kept him occupied for quite a while after he woke up. But then he started in...slamming the phone, dog food went flying and so did his naughty word! The 2 days of ignoring him when he said it only made him say it more! Today I reverted back to soap in his mouth but that led to much spitting as he tried to get it out of his mouth. So I went back to the language he's been responding to best...spanking. I hate doing it and I always follow it up with hugs and love which he seems to receive, but it's the only thing that seems to work. The whole thing is so draining. There are good little moments that do occur during the day. Slava can say "outside" and "eat" and unfortunately "spank". Now I use it as a warning. I can ask him if he wants one and he tells me, "ne-yet, ne-nada" which basically means "no, I don't need one." He is smart and understands. He does a lot of testing of his boundaries therefore we must be consistant. He is very cute and lets me tickle him and play the "slava-lala" game. So we do appear to be bonding which is a good sign.
I do remember being very tired with Jordan but for different reasons. He was busy, but not really naughty. He did however suck his fingers so loudly all night long that it was worse than sleeping in the same room with a snoring husband. So I know that this too shall pass. Please keep praying for us. Today while we were out Jordan actually announced that he missed Slava. I figure that's a pretty good sign, at least he's not asking to send him back! Along with all the work there is much love growing in our hearts for him. And we know that love covers a multitude of sin. God is love.
Well look at the time, it's 9:17pm...past my bedtime! Good Night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment