Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Monday, December 20, 2010

Rocky-Rocky

This is not a good picture, but this is Jordan (left) & Slava (right) doing Rocky-Rocky.
I tried uploading a video of them, but it wouldn't post, sorry.

Sorry for not posting for a few days. With all the Christmas busy-ness, Slava, and the kids' colds, I've not had the energy to post at night. Slava was not feeling well for a few days with a fever and chills, I figured maybe it was from his shots. It actually helped with the bonding process since he wanted to be cuddled and cared for. Friday night I actually got out for a few hours and took Sierra, Andrii, and Anna to see the new Narnia movie with the Andersons. Slava stayed home with Papa and Jordan. He cried when I left, and I felt so bad...I missed him too which is a good sign that we're all getting attached to each other! Saturday night was special for me because my son and daughter-in-law came for dinner. It's been quite a while since we've had a nice family dinner with all our kids home at the same time. Slava was very tired and actually asked to go spot at 7pm, so we had a couple hours of nice quiet visiting with Wayne Jr. and Kerri.

Slava's English vocabulary continues to grow. He now says: eggs, cheese, carrots, and cookie. He also knows "behave", church, stop, sorry, and school-room. These are all words that he understands and uses correctly. He also repeats everything you ask him to say! And now when I sing Itsy Bitsy Spider, he actually sings it with me...not that he pronounces all the words correctly but it's pretty impressive if you ask me.

Yesterday I started with a cold, so last night I went to bed right after Slava because I knew 6am would come all to soon. The rest was good and today with the kids' help we are managing. Slava continues to make baby steps of improvement each day. We are very thankful that he is bonding with and attaching to us. We pray that He who began this good work in Slava will continue it. I keep reminding myself that just as God placed the stars in the sky exactly where He wanted them, and He knows them by name, He also placed Andrii, Anna, Jordan...and now Slava, in our home exactly where He wants them. He will also give us the grace, strength, and peace to continue in this good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment