Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Jesus Died On The Cross

Today during school Jordan was drawing on a white board. He announced he had something sad to show me. He then proudly presented this picture he drew. He said it's Jesus on the cross (complete with nail holes in his hands). Oh yes, just another reason why we home school!
"And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when your are away on a journey, when you are lying down and when you are getting up again. Tie them to your hands as a reminder, and wear them on your forehead. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."
Deuteronomy 6:5-9
This was one of the Scriptures God touched our hearts with when He called us to home school our kids 9 years ago. Basically His point was this: How can you obey my Word if the children I gave you are away from you most of the day?

Please understand that I'm not taking the credit for this. God called us, we said "yes", He equips us daily; mostly I just try to stay out of His way because if I attempt to do this in my own strength I fail miserably...sometimes several times a day. The good fruit that has come of it is by His grace not anything good in me. When I am weak He is strong.

Anyway, good job, Jordan! You've learned the most important lesson of all. It's all about Jesus!



2 comments:

  1. This is my first time visiting your blog...now, I am your newest follower! What a beautiful family...love connecting with other large families! Thanks for visiting my blog...hope that you will visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always Room for One More
    Thank so much. I love connecting with other families too. I loved your blog and look forward to the day I can start posting about grand babies too!

    ReplyDelete