Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Slava Update #7...Gggrrrrrr...and prayer request

I don't ride amusement park rides because they make me sick. I get car sick too. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster....as goes Ukrainian adoption!!! My stomach is turned upside down.

An email from our facilitators confirmed they submitted our dossier today, and then they graciously added that they wouldn't be surprised if the SDA makes us redo 3 of the documents!!!!!
Okay, like they could have asked me to redo them BEFORE they even submitted it. They were translating them after all!

Apparently I didn't have the correct address on our Petition (I took the address off of other documents)! Then there is a sentence, actually a WORD, in Wayne's employment letter. Instead of saying he made X$ in the LAST 6 months of 2010, it says he made X$ in the FIRST 6 months of 2010. I just redid this document per their request and sent it to them 2 weeks ago! And this one is really frustrating: They think our deed has a different address then all of our other documents. There is nothing I can do about that folks! In the olden days our road was called "Fares Town Road" now it's just "Fares Road". The only other address on there indicates Wayne's business address which he used for the paperwork when he purchased the property because we hadn't built our house on the land yet!!!!!!! Sorry for yelling, but I'm really frustrated!!!!

Would it be okay to pray for a miracle? That is what it will take for Ukraine to just accept our dossier as is. It will take 2 weeks for them to tell us whether we're approved or whether we have to redo stuff. In the meantime our facilitators suggested I redo the items in question, just in case, and have them ready if needed. I don't have a problem doing it. I could do it in my sleep at this point. I don't want to do it. I just want to be approved and given my appointment date so I can go pick up my son, thank you very much!!!! I'm tired of jumping through hoops that I've jumped through a million times before. Sorry again.

Please pray for a miracle. Please pray that God will give us/me the grace needed to see this thing through to the end. Thanks for listening and for praying of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment