Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Afternoon Chaos

Upon arriving home with some groceries several things happened all at once. My parents were here dropping off Jordan for they had taken him for a few hours, Missy announces she's got plans with a friend, Curtis tells me he's going somewhere, all the other kids have Karate, and Wayne calls from work wanting he and I to go out to dinner tonight with our daughter-in-law's parents. Ooookkkkaaaayyyyy. Who's going to watch Jordan? Who's going to get the kids to and from karate? I need a nap never mind dinner! But dinner out with my husband is a priority. Soooo after some phone calls and negotiations: my mom will come back and take Jordan for a few more hours, Bethany will take Anna and Mary to Karate at 5:30, Missy will take Sierra & Andrii to Karate at 6:30 and then go with her friend, Beth and Ruth will bring all the kids home from Karate and then my mom will bring Jordan home. I have no idea where Curtis is or what he's doing...he sort of fell through the cracks. But Wayne and I are going to dinner!

Today I learned about a travel agency called Golden Rule Travel. They are a Christian agency which help arrange mission trips, adoption trips, etc. I emailed them and they are working on our trip even though we have no travel date yet. I learned about them in the FRUA chatroom. Other families were discussing booking flights to Ukraine and Golden Rule was mentioned several times all with positive comments, so I contacted them. We used a travel agent out of Minnesota for our first adoption. They had been recommended by the agency we were using. We are not using an agency this time and I don't wish to use that travel agency either. The travel agent was fine, but the adoption agency which was supposed to be a Christian agency was a nightmare. Maybe some time I'll post on that topic if anyone is interested in the story. Anyway, we are still waiting, so please keep praying.

2 comments:

  1. What we won't do for a "date night" !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,
    Thanks for commenting, I love comments. The date night was great! And all the kids were present and accounted for when I got home. Phew!

    ReplyDelete