Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Friday, November 19, 2010

A Good Visit With Slava...finally!


Last night Irina called from the bus on her way home from a long day of doing battle for us. She didn't give me all the details, she even said she didn't understand it all, but after the tax office giving her a hard time even though they had all info...finally everything was sent to the passport office. Now the central passport office has everything they need to process Slava's passport! Please pray that we have his passport on Monday! The rest of last night we just hung out in the apartment working on our John Bevere Bible study while Jordan got his fill of the Disney channel.


Today Slava picked us up at 9:20am and we headed off to Borpka. It was raining but we were prepared to play with him outside. They let us play in the little room though, thankfully. Big Slava left us to fly solo again, but it went well. Slava was happy to play with an empty play dough can he'd found and was stuffing little blocks into. Then he bounced on the horse and laughed as Jordan and I kicked the little soccer ball back and forth. When he started to get antsy I pulled out my secret weapon - bubbles!!!! I blew bubbles for a half hour straight and emptied the bottle, but he loved it! I would blow bubbles and he and Jordan would try to catch them. Then he wanted Wayne to pick him up so he could catch them. Wayne siezed this opportunity to pray over him while he held him (our other secret weapon)! Then he set in one chair and Jordan sat in another and he would call out "Jordan" for me to blow bubbles at Jordan, and then "Slava" for me to blow bubbles at him. It was a very good visit and we walked out greatly encouraged. I have one more bottle of bubbles for tomorrow too.


Now we are back in the apartment for the rest of this day. We are still waiting to hear from the Embassy. Please pray that we get an appointment with the US Embassy for Tuesday. We're not sure what will happen for tomorrow. Hopefully we will visit Slava in the morning and then go straight to the airport to pick up Missy, please pray for her safe travel.


Last night as I was trying to fall asleep I was listening to my I-Pod. Anyone who knows me knows that though I have hundreds of songs on it, I really only listen to Misty Edwards (ihop) & Kim Walker (Jesus Culture). But somehow this song popped onto my screen that I'd put on my ipod prob a year ago and forgot all about. I don't even know how it came on the screen, but when I played it I was blown away for I knew God was speaking to me. The song "Spirit of the Sovereign God" is from the Brownsville Revival and is basically Isaiah 61. Here is some of it:

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, because the Lord has appointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to announce that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed. He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord's favor has come....

I encourage you to read the whole chapter, it's excellent. Truly the time of the Lord's favor has come!


So please continue to pray for us and the process. We are counting down the days until we are home, it should be less than a week now. But we must have that passport & embassy appointment. We love and miss you all! We can't wait to see you soon. We've been keeping up on news from home and are praying for many of you as we hear of your needs. Please feel free to send us your prayer requests too!

No comments:

Post a Comment