Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Quiet Sunday


We went to the orphanage this morning and played outside with Slava. The weather was pretty nice, so it was enjoyable. Slava enjoys the slide and the swings. He especially likes the big slide where Papa catches him at the bottom. We just have to make sure he doesn't jump off the top! He likes to copy whatever Jordan is doing, so we're trying to keep Jordan low-key...ha ha. Slava found a little green plastic toy he proceeded to use like a hammer. He pounded on everything! I think he will be pleased with our toys at home because we have an abundance of toy tools! He also found a piece of rope and a piece of wire that he pretended he was hooking up to something and working. He has a really good imagination for an institutionalized child. He says "Papa", "Mama" and "Jordan" very well now. Today he was counting in Ukrainian as he climbed each step up the slide. He was also singing a counting song while he was swinging on the swings. He's a very smart boy! We will go back tomorrow afternoon for another visit.


After our visit we returned to the apartment. We had Slava-driver come up and look at our tv. We thought maybe we were doing something wrong because now we don't get any channels. Irina sent over the movie Cars for Jordan, but after about an hour the movie wouldn't play in my laptop because it kept skipping. Bummer. We had him do some school instead, but that was not a big hit either. I wish I'd thought to pack movies :(


We are still praying about Wayne returning and Missy coming over. We're wondering if we should send Jordan home with Wayne. But I'm wondering if that will go over very well with Slava. He's used to seeing the 3 of us together (he interacts alot with Papa) and if I pick him up and it's just me he might not be too happy to go with me. We're asking the Lord for wisdom and His will. I like trips where you know when you arrive and depart. This not knowing when you can return home business is not fun at all! I guess this is where trusting God comes in, right?


As I type this everyone back home is in church. Hopefully the kids will Skype us afterward. Here it is almost bedtime. That means when we wake up there will only be 7 days left to the 10 day wait...but who's counting? I AM! Please keep us in prayer. We love & miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment