Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Monday, November 1, 2010

Our 7th Visit With Slava!


Today traffic was very heavy leaving Kiev. We arrived at the orphanage to find Slava outside with his groupa (the group of children he is always with). As we approached them we wondered how he would respond when he saw us. Then his whole group, about 7 children ages 3-5yrs, spotted us. They got all excited and started waving to us. Then they ran up to us. These little girls surrounded Jordan and tried hugging him! I knelt down and they all ran to me for hugs, it was so precious. They were all chattering something, but I could only understand the word "mama". Then Slava jumped in and hugged me too, as if to say, "hey guys, this is MY mama!" I don't really know what he was saying but it seemed like it. We took him to a different part of the play area and spent about an hour with him. It was quite cold. He enjoyed the banana, cookie, and juice box we brought for him. Wayne told me maybe I shouldn't feed him so much. But my theory is - the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach! Papa laughed, Slava ate. Then we went inside for the rest of the visit.


We returned to the apartment and then walked down to the underground mall. We ate pizza in a very nice pizza restaurant down there. We eat only one big meal daily and then just have toast or something light in the apt at night. We strolled around the underground mall to give Jordan something to do. But there were really no stores that interested him. At least we didn't find a toy store! We returned to the apt and I found Russian cartoons on the tv. At least it's something.


We are waiting to hear from Irina on the status of our process. I will update as soon as I know something new. So please keep praying for us. We miss you all very much. Please keep sending those comments too. We love hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment