Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday
Summer 2014

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Our Daughter, Missy, Arrived in Kiev!

Today we spent a lot of time in the car! At 9:20am Slava picked us up to go to Borpka. We arrived just as our Slava and his groupa were heading out to play. We walked out with them. All the children are always very excited when they see us and one little girl took Jordan by the hand! We play in a seperate part of the playground to have time with just Slava. He enjoyed the swings again and the bubbles were a big hit too. Slava even wanted Wayne to pick him up so he could swat at the ones floating up high. This is a good sign, it shows he's really beginning to trust us. He even sat on my lap for more than 3.5 seconds! When I started to bounce him on my knee he loved it and didn't want me to stop. At one point I was standing up and he came over and told me to "sid-I" - sit! Then he hopped on my lap for another bounce. I also took the opportunity to pray over him while he was on my lap. Two good visits in a row...we are very thankful!

We left Borpka at 11:30am to head to the airport to pick up Missy! We arrived there at 1pm and waited for about an hour. We were thrilled to see her, especially Jordan. He keeps saying, "I love you, Missy". We finally returned to our apt at 3pm and took Missy to "Soho Pizza" and then she and I walked up to the market for some supplies. She's already a big help in the store since in order to purchase milk, butter, cream, and certain other items you must ask the woman behind the counter for them. I usually stumble through, but Missy knew right what to say...in Russian! Jordan was very blessed because dear friends from home sent him some gifts. A huge THANK YOU to Carrie & Gregg for the Legos and the nerf guns! And to Brandon & Lizzy for the cards and candy. Missy also brought us some Ranch dressing which is a basic staple in our house back home! She brought me some good shampoo & conditioner for my hair, but I think it's beyond help. The water here makes my hair like straw!

Tomorrow we will go visit Slava again and then head to the YWAM base for dinner prep. We settled on a chicken recipe that I have, but it calls for blue cheese. They are having a hard time finding it, so we may have to make due with some other kind of cheese. I just hope the chicken turns out delicious and that the doctors will be blessed by the meal. We are looking forward to this time with Oksana & Stepan.

Please continue to pray for us and especially that we get that passport. We have an appointment at the US Embassy on Tuesday at 10am, but we really need that passport! We will either get Slava on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. So please pray for him too. His whole world is about to change which can be scary for a 5 year old. I keep praying that he will trust us and feel comfortable & safe with us. Thank you all for your continued prayer support. We miss you and can't wait to be home for TG!

No comments:

Post a Comment